Total Pageviews

Monday, November 26, 2012

Social Awareness Writing Project - Choice 2; Observe your surroundings (school, home, neighborhood, media).

On a daily basis, I see/witness:
  • People rummaging through garbage
  • People (both adults and teens) smoking
  • People (both adults and teens) drinking
  • Car accidents
  • Hurricane Sandy victims; families are living without heat, food, light, etc.
I think that the Hurricane Sandy victims are the people who need the most help because some people are still living without heat, light and some are even living in shelters because their homes were completely destroyed. I also think that the shelters are helping some families, but that isn't enough for everyone who has highly affected by the storm.

During the storm, 253 people died. Even though the storm was a Category 2, it caused a lot of damage. Hurricane Sandy caused havoc in 24 states in the United States. The most affected states were New York and New Jersey. Hurricane Sandy flooded streets, subways and tunnels. The storm also caused cell phone lines to shut down for a few days.

No comments:

Post a Comment